Tuesday 27 November 2012

ABSOLUTE:LY MAGAZINE: Flawless Face Foundation Review

ROSIEFOUNDAT    


With the party season here, you need a flawless look that will last you all night long. 

That’s why Max Factor and Rimmel have introduced two brand new foundations that both offer you a light feeling, long-lasting finish.

But with so many on the market, what’s different about these? 

Max Factor’s new Facefinity 3 in 1 is a new foundation that contains a primer, concealer and foundation all in one, that is said to give you a perfect finish all day long.

Whilst Rimmel have introduced the new Match Perfection with smart tone technology that adapts to your skin tone and texture so you can find your perfect shade for this festive season.

So I’ve tried out both to see which one leaves you looking fresh-faced for longer.

Max Factor Facefinity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation £11.99 available at all good supermarkets and chemists.


This new foundation gave me a full even coverage which felt light and fresh at the same time. However, my skin is prone to imperfections so I did have to build up a few layers to get the full coverage I wanted.

This foundation really highlights the skin and there is real luminosity to it, especially across the cheekbones, which is great for that glowy party look. You don’t need to use a highlighter at all, and it works with great with your favourite bright or glitzy eye make-up.




Although this foundation offers a glamourous look, it also offers a natural beauty look too, even with the extra layers! Its luminosity also gives you a subtle glow which leaves your skin feeling fresh and looking natural.
Finished off with your favourite blusher or bronzer, this foundation is perfect for any occasion.

It really lives up to its long-lasting name too. I wore this foundation all day at work, through to the evening for a girls night out, and this foundation didn’t let me down with only a little wear at bedtime.

The result: I would used this foundation again for both evening and day wear, it gave my skin the coverage it needed, without feeling heavy. A great beauty buy for Christmas parties!

Rimmel Match Perfection £8.99 available at all good supermarkets and chemists




This new foundation from Rimmel has a unique innovative formula, that adapts to your skin tone to give you a true, flawless complexion.

It gave me a full coverage without the need for extra layers, and felt light on my skin.

I found it easy to find my shade by testing the foundation on the back of my wrist. However, my shade was quite pale compared to colours I usually go for as I like my face to have a tanned look so I did find myself buying a darker one which didn’t adapt so well.






This foundation did last all day, however I did touch it up in the evening like I do with my usual foundation, although I was able to avoid doing this with Max Factor’s Facefinity.

The result: I would use this foundation again as it does what it says and matches your skin perfectly, however, I would prefer a longer-lasting foundation to see me from work to party this season.

And the winner is… 




Max Factor Facefinity 3 in 1 Foundation, with a touch of blusher and a sparkly lipgloss, you’re set to shine!




No comments:

Post a Comment